New Orleans is a city mainly known for its French and Spanish-style architecture. Festivals, cuisine, annual celebrations, and distinctive music make this place unbeatable.
New Orleans is an excellent place to explore in a day, but it is specially made for night owls. There are also many funny things to do in New Orleans at night, whether on a ghost tour or dancing in the streets.
According to the report of Wikipedia, New Orleans’s vibrant nightlife is considered the best night lives in the world, and it is among the most “unique cities” in the United States.
Read this article till the end to know New Orleans deeply and find out what to do in New Orleans at night.
1. Preservation Hall
Preservation Hall is among the oldest and most famous live jazz music venues in New Orleans. Preservation Hall has organized performances, like dance, music shows, concerts, solo singing, etc., since the 1950s.
You can dance to jazz music and sing karaoke at night after 8 pm. This hall organizes the event every night of the year. Some popular jazz musicians, like Punch Miller and George Lewis, performed here.
- Address – 726 St Peter, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Singing, Listening to Jazz Music, and Dancing
- Best Time To Visit – After sunset
Read Also – Things To Do in San Antonio at Night
2. Masquerade Nightclub, The Best Thing In New Orleans At Night
Masquerade Nightclub is one of the best things to do in New Orleans at night. This nightclub has many features, like a cocktail bar, dancing floors, karaoke, ice bar, live music, and slot machines.
Masquerade Nightclub is among the best nightlife activities in New Orleans. It is also an amazing destination to visit with friends. You can watch all the activities from the amazing 42-foot media tower.
- Address – 8 Canal St, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Dazzling drinks, Dance on the floors, and try your luck in slot machines
- Best Time To Visit – At Night
3. The Dungeon
It is a popular bar served since 1969 in New Orleans, also known as Ye Olde Original Dungeon. It is known for its night hours, jukebox, and classic tunes. If you are in New Orleans, you must visit this place.
It is the most recommended haunt in French Quarter. The Dungeon is open at midnight and closed before sunrise. Some amenities in this place are a DJ, dance clubs, pool tables, and outdoor seating.
- Address – 738 Toulouse St, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Dance, Play pool, and enjoy strong drinks
- Best Time To Visit – 1:00 A.M – 5:00 A.M
4. Beach On Bourbon
Beach On Bourbon is another bar like The Dungeon and Masquerade Nightclub. It is a place where people dance, listen to live music, enjoy cocktails, and lighten up in the courtyard.
The Beach On Bourbon also has private rooms and a facility to organize events for up to 600 people. It is also open for private meetings, parties, and friends gathering. It is the most loved bar in French Quarter.
- Address – 227 Bourbon St, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Chill in the courtyard, dance on the floors, and listen to live music
- Best Time To Visit – 6:00 PM – 2:00 AM
5. Hot Tin Rooftop Bar, Among The Best Things To Do At Night In New Orleans
It is a classic rooftop bar in New Orleans on the 11th floor of the most beautiful Pontchartrain Hotel. Here, you will get an astonishing view of Orleans City and the Mississippi River.
It also offers cocktails, champagne, vines, and amazing views. On weekends this bar is much more crowded than on weekdays. By going through here, you will get more information about Hot Tin.
- Address – 2031 St Charles Ave FL 14, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Enjoy cocktails and vine and See the city and Mississippi River view
- Best Time To Visit – 2:00 PM – 12:00 AM
6. Frenchmen Street
Frenchmen Street is among the best spots in New Orleans for finding live music, like jazz and classical. It is a place where most locals of New Orleans gather at night to enjoy live music by local musicians.
Frenchmen Street has great clubs, stays, shopping centres, and eating areas. The Frenchmen Art Bazaar is an amazing thing to do in New Orleans at Night. It opens from 7:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
- Address – Frenchmen Street, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Enjoy live music and shopping at the bazaar
- Best Time To Visit – 7:00 PM to 1:00 AM
7. Mardi Gras, Among The Best Free Things To do In New Orleans At Night
Mardi Gas is all about parades, celebrations, music, floats, and props. It is for “Fat Tuesday, “reflecting the practice of the last night of eating foods before the ritual Lenten sacrifices.
The best part of Mardi Gras is wearing funny costumes and taking photos, and also, it’s free of cost, and there is a free shuttle service from Canal Street.
- Address – 1380 Port of New Orleans Pl, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Enjoy live music, parades, and wear funny costumes
- Best Time To Visit – Weekend before fat Tuesday
8. New Canal Light House
The Canal Light House was built in 1838. The height of this lighthouse is around 8.5 m from the ground. The view from this tower of the city and lake is breathtaking and relaxing at the same time.
It was built on Lake Pontchartrain. The Canal Light House was damaged many times by natural calamities but was reconstructed properly in 2013 with the certification of construction professionals.
- Address – 8001 Lakeshore Dr, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Enjoy the view of Lake Pontchartrain
- Best Time To Visit – After the evening
9. The Escape Game New Orleans
If you are looking for a place to enjoy adventure with your friends and family, visit Escape Rooms in New Orleans. It is a fun activity that tests your mental ability to find solutions.
There are 4 themed rooms, including a prison break, escape rooms, solving the mystery, and finding clues to exit from the escape room. You can reserve your seat in Escape Room by clicking here.
- Address – 233 N Peters St, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Solve puzzles and find clues to exit from the room
- Best Time To Visit – Anytime
10. Vue Orleans
Few know Vue Orleans, but it is among the most amazing things to do in New Orleans at night. It is an observation centre that gives you 360-degree indoor and outdoor observation decks.
Take a deep dive into New Orleans’s history, culture, and music and see the whole of New Orleans city, which you will never see before. There is also a cafe and food corner; grab a cup of coffee and deep-dive into the history.
- Address – 2 Canal Street, Entrance to the left of the Four Seasons Hotel, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Deep-dive into New Orleans’s history
- Best Time To Visit – Anytime
11. Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop Bar
It is among the oldest bar in New Orleans that have served drinks, like beers, vines, and frozen drinks, since the 1700s. Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop Bar is also among the oldest surviving buildings in New Orleans.
It is also one of my favourite bars in New Orleans, placed on the corner of Bourbon Street. If you are an old-school lover and like old and historical places, you must visit Lafitte’s, Blacksmith Shop Bar.
- Address – 941 Bourbon St, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Enjoy the frozen drinks and beers
- Best Time To Visit – Anytime
12. Steamboat NATCHEZ, Among The Best Things To Do in New Orleans At Night
Steamboat NATCHEZ is among the oldest cruises in New Orleans, with features like jazz music, dining arrangement, and brunch. It is a most-loved cruise tour with two daily harbours.
The Steamboat NATCHEZ takes you to the Mississippi River and gives you lifetime memorable moments. It would be best to go on Steamboat NATCHEZ with your family and friends to enjoy the best of it.
- Address – 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Enjoy cruise, jazz music, and brunch
- Best Time To Visit – In the evening
13. The Penthouse Club
The Penthouse Club, the best in New Orleans, has a vibrant nightlife. It provides an ultra-premium club, music, bars, entertainment hub, table-side bottle service, and VIP treatment.
The Penthouse Club is also open for bachelor parties, birthday parties, and gatherings. It accepts up to 350 guests at a time; it is an adult bar, so you must be at least 21 to visit here.
- Address – 727 Iberville St., New Orleans
- Things To Do – Enjoy music, parties, and drinks
- Best Time To Visit – At night
14. Crescent City Connection
It is formerly the Greater New Orleans Bridge. The Greater New Orleans Bridge is the widest and most heavily travelled bridge on the lower Mississippi, United States. It is an impressive piece 0f engineering.
The famous thing about this bridge is the astonishing view of the city and the Mississippi River. People come here for a walk, jog, and watch the sunset and sunrise. It would be best to visit this bridge early morning or evening.
- Address – Crescent City Connection, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Jogging and watching the sunrise and sunset
- Best Time To Go – In the morning or the evening
15. Cafe Du Monde
Last but not least, it is among the best iconic cafes in New Orleans, known for its café au laits and beignets. It is also the oldest cafe in New Orleans, serving since 1862. It opens 24 hours a day.
Even many celebrities, ministers, and famous personalities drink coffee here. Along with coffee, the cafe also served white and chocolate milk, hot chocolate, and fresh-squeezed orange juice. It is a must-visit place in New Orleans.
- Address – 813 Decatur St, New Orleans
- Things To Do – Drink coffee, chocolate milk, and fresh orange juice
- Best Time To Visit – Anytime
Conclusion On What To Do In New Orleans At Night
It’s all about the best New Orleans night activities. New Orleans’s features are full of activities, whether day or night, like historical sites, clubs, bars, rivers, cafes, cruise rides, etc.
New Orleans has a perfect vibrant nightlife whether you are looking for romantic activities, adventure activities, family places, bars, etc. It is a place that is filled up with everyone’s needs.
For any appreciation or changes, comment below. Also, share your New Orleans nightlife experience in the comments, which helps others understand New Orleans deeply.
Let’s meet in the next article.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Best Things To Do In New Orleans At Night
What are some best things to do in New Orleans at night under 21?
1. Go to Cafe Du Monde
2. Enjoy Mardi Gras
3. Solve puzzles in Escape Room
What are The best things to do in New Orleans at night With Family?
1. Enjoy a boat trip at Steamboat NATCHEZ
2. Do some shopping on Frenchmen Street
3. Deep-dive into New Orleans’ history at Vue Orleans
Where To Go In New Orleans At Night?
1. Enjoy The Penthouse Club
2. Try some drinks at Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop
3. Get the breathtaking view from Hot Tin Rooftop Bar